Re: [exim] Rejected need fully-qualified hostname

Author: Heiko Schlittermann
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Rejected need fully-qualified hostname
Hi,

Alexandre Russo <dev.exim@???> (Fr 07 Mär 2014 10:24:48 CET):
> Hi all,
>
> Someone can say me, how i can resolve my problem :
> When i try to send one e-mail to evolution-list@??? for example, i have this error :
>
> «Helo command rejected: need fully-qualified hostname»
>
> No problem for others servers (Gmail, etc.)
> my hostname et mailname are same (with full address «mazool.ar.daevel.fr») with Exim 4.80

Per default Exim sends the contents primary_hostname config option to the remote
server. (This can be overridden in the transport options, see below).

Check the output of:

    exim -bP primary_hostname

The contents is autodetected. If the detection goes wrong, you may need
to fix this (try "hostname -f" if supported on your system, check
/etc/hosts, /etc/resolv.conf, /etc/hostname, and consult your systems
documentation about how to set a FQDN for the local hostname).

If you can't fix the origin of the problem, you may tell Exim the
primary hostname in the config file

    primary_hostname = <insert a FQDN for your host>

But take care, this option influences the expansion of "@" in domain
lists, which in turn may have influence on the routing of mails to your
node name (short hostname).

If you just want to change the helo string sent by your system, you need
to set the "helo_data" option in your smtp transport (defaults to
$primary_hostname, which is an expansion variable containing the value
of the primary_hostname config option)

    Best regards from Dresden/Germany
    Viele Grüße aus Dresden
    Heiko Schlittermann
 gnupg encrypted messages are welcome --------------- key ID: 7CBF764A -
 gnupg fingerprint: 9288 F17D BBF9 9625 5ABC  285C 26A9 687E 7CBF 764A -
(gnupg fingerprint: 3061 CFBF 2D88 F034 E8D2  7E92 EE4E AC98 48D0 359B)-