[exim] TLS using different authentication from no-tls?

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Paul O'Rorke
To: exim-users
Betreff: [exim] TLS using different authentication from no-tls?
Hi again guys,

I really appreciate the help I've received thus far, I hope I can sort
out this final hurdle.

I have managed to get this my Debian/Exim/Cyrus mail server using
DIGEST-MD5 authentication for sending and receiving. I would like to
enable TLS now. If I choose TLS in my mail client it gets the cert and
allows me to accept it and save it but authentication fails with:

    2014-03-04 20:54:20 login_sasl_server authenticator failed for
    (win7s2) [192.168.4.254]: 535 Incorrect authentication data

so it looks to me that the login_sasl_server is unable to access sasldb
where without TLS it could. When TLS is enabled on the client it
complains if I try to use encrypted passwords. Given that the encrypted
passwords are working when I don't use TLS I'm hoping that it is
possible to use them also with TLS.

Why would the auth mechanism differ for TLS from no TLS when no config
changes are being done on the server.

How can I use the same auth mechanisms with TLS as without? Have I
missed some key factor here?

What details of my set up would you need to know to help?

Sincerely
--

*Paul O'Rorke*
Tracker Software Products