Re: [exim] accepting email authenthicating on GPG/PGP signat…

Author: Heiko Schlittermann
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] accepting email authenthicating on GPG/PGP signature
Mike Cardwell <exim-users@???> (Di 04 Mär 2014 11:49:42 CET):
> * on the Mon, Mar 03, 2014 at 05:58:49PM +0100, Leonardo Boselli wrote:
>
> > Is possible to authenthicate the acceptance of e-email based on the GPG
> > signature, that is every message has a GPG signature, if the message
> > is signed by someone that is in the public keyring of MTA, and the
> > gignature is verifiesm, it is accepted, else is refused ?
>
> I did something similar in the past (contract work), but with S/MIME
> rather than PGP, and it just added a header to the email if S/MIME
> verification passed, rather than using it for authentication.
>
> I suspect it would be quite easy to write an embedded Perl script to do
> this using Mail::GnuPG. In Exim in the DATA ACL you would check if
> feed $message_headers and $message_body into the script.

$message_body contains the initial portion of the body only! Newlines
are converted into spaces.

There are some related options though, message_body_visible,
message_body_newlines

May be

    message_body_visible = $message_body_size

is tempting, but, as I understand the spec, this global option
is not expanded and defaults to 500.

    Best regards from Dresden/Germany
    Viele Grüße aus Dresden
    Heiko Schlittermann
 gnupg encrypted messages are welcome --------------- key ID: 7CBF764A -
 gnupg fingerprint: 9288 F17D BBF9 9625 5ABC  285C 26A9 687E 7CBF 764A -
(gnupg fingerprint: 3061 CFBF 2D88 F034 E8D2  7E92 EE4E AC98 48D0 359B)-