Re: [exim-dev] dns_use_dnssec vs. dns_dnssec_ok

Góra strony
Autor: Phil Pennock
Dla: Jeremy Harris
CC: exim-dev
Temat: Re: [exim-dev] dns_use_dnssec vs. dns_dnssec_ok
On 2014-03-02 at 14:27 +0000, Jeremy Harris wrote:
> One's in the documentation, the other on the source. Which shall we
> settle on?

Crap; I renamed before the first release with the new functionality, on
the basis that it was safe, sorry for creating this mess.

The reasons for the rename still stand:

----------------------------8< cut here >8------------------------------
commit 0fbd9bff71b47e3a32e54629c3f67e7eda1812fe
Author: Phil Pennock <pdp@???>
Date: Sat Mar 23 19:46:22 2013 -0400

    Rename dns_use_dnssec to dns_dnssec_ok.

    This per Tony's suggestion; this makes it clearer that we are merely
    setting resolver flags, not performing validation ourselves.

    Well, clearer to those who understand DNSSEC.  For everyone else,
    they'll still be dependent upon a forthcoming new chapter to the
    Specification.

I can go ahead and rename in docs, if people are happy with that, or
someone else can if you don't want to wait on me.

-Phil