Re: [exim] PGSQL problem

Author: Jeremy Harris
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] PGSQL problem
On 24/02/14 20:56, Jacco van Gent wrote:
> I hope someone can help me. I tried searching for a solution but so far haven't found anything that would fix it.
>
> WHITELISTED_HOSTS = pgsql;SELECT from_address FROM lists WHERE to_address='any' AND list_type=1 AND from_address='${quote_pgsql:$sender_host_address}';
>
> This is a line in macros.conf, and this query does run successfully if the host is IPV4, if the host is IPV6 I get the following error message:
>
> temporarily rejected connection in "connect" ACL: PGSQL: query failed: ERROR: unterminated quoted string at or near "'2001"
>
> So the million dollar question here would be how to make sure the ipv6 address is actually terminated.

Are you using the macro in a context that takes a list? These are
colon-separated by default, so an ipv6 address terminates a list
element. The list-separator can be changed; see

http://www.exim.org/exim-html-current/doc/html/spec_html/ch-the_exim_run_time_configuration_file.html#SECTlistconstruct

--
Cheers,
Jeremy