Re: [exim] RBL Blocking

Author: Always Learning
To: Exim
Subject: Re: [exim] RBL Blocking

On Sat, 2014-02-22 at 12:10 -0600, Matt wrote:

> What if I want to block at connect time like right after HELO, EHLO or
> even before that?

Exim does it. I reject before HELO/EHLO. Most mail servers accept it but
some M$ don't and constantly keep retrying.

[SNA01]
I have divided my ACL section into several parts, internally labelled A,
B, C etc.
SN is replaced by the server number as the same configuration is used on
almost all servers.
A = my section A
01 = first error message in that section - useful for quickly locating
the relevant coding

acl_smtp_connect = acl_check_connection
.
.
.

begin acl
acl_check_connection:

accept  hosts         = EXDIR/hosts.accept.a

deny    message       = [SNA01] Your Internet connection
$sender_host_name \
                        generically resembles a spammer : \
                        Send complaints to xxxxxxx@???
        hosts         = EXDIR/hosts.spammer

--
Paul.
England,

Our systems are exclusively Centos. No Micro$oft Windoze here.