Re: [pcre-dev] pcre-dev upgrade in RHEL WS 4.0

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: ph10
A: Venkatesh Prabu Narayanan
Cc: pcre-dev
Asunto: Re: [pcre-dev] pcre-dev upgrade in RHEL WS 4.0
On Thu, 20 Feb 2014, Venkatesh Prabu Narayanan wrote:

> I tried creating rpm from pcre-8.34 source using rpmbuild command and it
> fails as it doesn't find spec file within the tar ball. So please tell me
> how to create rpm from source so I can just do an update over the lower
> version in RHEL WS 4.

I am afraid I know nothing about RPMs, so I cannot help you. I even had
to Google RHEL to see what system you were talking about. Although I do
run Linux (Arch Linux) I have no experience in creating packages for any
of the packaging systems that are in use.

> I don't want uninstall the existing lower version as it has a lot of
> dependencies. So I want to update this using yum update.

Just be aware that if anybody finds a bug in the old (over 10-years old)
version (and there are some), nobody will be interested in fixing it.

> Could you please update me the work around for this ?

I'm sorry that I can't help, but there must be people who know about
this, or web pages that have information about creating RPMs.

Philip

--
Philip Hazel