[exim] Exim Logs (P=esmtps / esmtpa)

Autor: John Mc Murray
A: Exim Mailing List
Assumptes vells: Re: [exim] Unrouteable address - All recipients fail
Assumpte: [exim] Exim Logs (P=esmtps / esmtpa)
Hi Everyone,

I'm writing a bit of software to log lines from the exim log file. I am
battling a little to get complete documentation and just need to confirm
the use of the P=esmtps and P=esmtpa values.

From what I can tell, esmtpa is when mail is sent from an authenticated
user, so essentially, that's outgoing mail, from my user's perspective.

I can't find exactly what esmtps is, but it seems to be mail from not
authenticated users, ie, incoming mail from my user's perspective.

Is this interpretation correct?

Thank you,

John Mc Murray
john@???