[exim] Office 365 and Exim sharing a domain

Author: Gary Stainburn
To: exim-users@exim.org
Subject: [exim] Office 365 and Exim sharing a domain
Hi folks.

Appologies for the O.T. post but either my head or my wall will probably give
in soon.

I've got a traditional email setup with a number of Exim / Dovecot servers
dotted around my network, all working together and working well.

All users stare the one domain, with lookups using local copies of a
Postgresql database to route users to their *local* server.

I am now trying to set up an Office 365 pilot which will host a small number
of trial users. My problem is that I cannot get O365 to share a domain. By
using the routing abilities of EXIM I can get email into the O365 user's
mailbox, but I have not been able to get the O365 users to be able to send
out emails using the ringways.co.uk. It appears that if i want to do that, I
have to add the while domain to the pilot at which point I cannot route
emails from the pilot users to the users on the existing set-up.

Does anyone know how I can set up the config so that O365 will allow outgoing
emails to be from my domain and not the onmicrosoft.com domain?

--
Gary Stainburn
Group I.T. Manager