[exim] Wildcard - Reverse DNS ACL

Author: Brian Spraker
To: exim-users@exim.org
Subject: [exim] Wildcard - Reverse DNS ACL
Hello all,

Attempting to setup a method to allow for additional spam checking.  I use blacklists (spamcop, barracuda, etc).

However, Yahoo mail servers continuously are getting put on blacklists causing some problems.

Some background - I have an SQL database that has a list of whitelist/blacklist IP addresses, whitelist/blacklist domains, and whitelist/blacklist of specific e-mail addresses.

I have a wildcard match - "*yahoo.com" in the domains whitelist and it doesn't seem to take effect.  Also just tried "yahoo.com" and *.yahoo.com".

I used "exim -bh 98.139.213.141" at the command line to do some testing.  I see where exim does the SQL lookup and does the test, but none of them match (since the full reverse DNS of 98.139.213.141 is nm23-vm1.bullet.mail.bf1.yahoo.com).

In the exim configuration, here is the code used:

  accept
    hosts = ${lookup mysql{SELECT domain FROM exim_domain_whitelist }}

With that being said, is ther ea way that wildcards can be used to match all Yahoo mail servers?  Each of them have different reverse lookups - but they all end in "yahoo.com".

Thank you!

Brian S.