Re: [exim] Multiple types of authentication

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Richard Clayton
To: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [exim] Multiple types of authentication
In message <52F3B997.3020101@???>, Jeremy Harris
<jgh@???> writes

>On 06/02/14 16:19, Richard Clayton wrote:
>>      authentication required but no common mechanisms were found

>If you telnet to the smarthost, what authentication types
>does it offer?

One of them (Virgin) uses LOGIN the other uses CRAM-MD5... I don't
think "offer" is quite the word to use for Virgin's smtps on port 465,
you're just meant to know that's what it wants you to do.

If there was a simple bodge here where I used the same method for both
then I would use it!

It may be that exim (and recall that this is exim as a client) is
supposed to pick out the correct authentication section automatically in
some way -- since there doesn't seem to be any way of specifying it
within the transport (which I half expected to be how it worked, rather
as you specify a transport within the router section)

If it is meant to be automatic then I can try (somehow?) and get some
debug output to see what is actually happening...

- --
richard                                                   Richard Clayton

Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. Benjamin Franklin 11 Nov 1755