Re: [exim-dev] DANE/TLS

Góra strony
Autor: Todd Lyons
Dla: exim-dev
Temat: Re: [exim-dev] DANE/TLS
On Sat, Jan 25, 2014 at 11:28 AM, Viktor Dukhovni
<viktor1dane@???> wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 25, 2014 at 02:05:38PM -0500, Phil Pennock wrote:
>
>> My latest plans had involved using some of the same code written by
>> Viktor Dukhovni for Postfix, to meet an API for the latest DANE/SMTP
>> draft specification, into which I've had plenty of input, which has been
>> taken on board and the result is a specification which Exim should be
>> following.

I've been looking at the specs and drafts (off and on) over the past
couple of weeks. Honestly, it hasn't gelled in my brain.
Individually, all the pieces make sense, but when I start thinking of
where in the Exim code I would put the pieces, I don't make any
forward progress. Defining the TLSA dns type is as far as I've
gotten.

> Relevant resources to you started:
>
>         http://vdukhovni.github.io/ietf/
>         https://github.com/vdukhovni/ssl_dane
>     http://vdukhovni.github.io/ietf/draft-ietf-dane-smtp-with-dane-05.html

These are fantastic. Thank you for making the code available Viktor.
It will be of great assistance.

> Don't be shy, I am willing to answer questions on or off-list.

Good to know, I'll try not to abuse that.

> It would be good to have multiple MTAs that implement the draft.

Agreed!

...Todd