Re: [exim] prevent more than 100 outbound mails for each use…

Author: Todd Lyons
To: Er.shashank.singh
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] prevent more than 100 outbound mails for each user
On Tue, Jan 21, 2014 at 11:28 PM, Er.shashank.singh
<docs4shashank@???> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to prevent to user for sending outbound mails from server at
> the rate of 100 mails per hours
>
> authenticated = *
>     deny ratelimit = 100 / 1h / per_rcpt / strict / $authenticated_id
>     log_message = Rejected $authenticated_id due over rate with
> $sender_rate/$sender_rate_period
>     message = Rate limited

As Duane said, the "authenticated = *" portion needs to be after the
"deny" line. The way you wrote it, the authenticated line is grouped
with the previous accept/warn/deny verb.

Which ACL are you putting this in? This would normally go in the RCPT
ACL. I just wanted to make sure that's where you are putting it.

...Todd