Re: [exim] per recipient processing.

Author: Heiko Schlittermann
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] per recipient processing.
Hello Steve,

Steve Wilson <exim-users@???> (Mo 20 Jan 2014 02:25:24 CET):
> I'm currently in the process of building and testing a mail server that
> will split deliveries to different backend smtp servers based on
> $local_name for a particular domain.
> All seems to work well until it comes to an email with multiple
> recipients and the smarthost routing is done to what seems like the
> first recipient.

(…)

> TEST:
>         debug_print = "R: TEST smarthost for $local_part@$domain"
>         driver = manualroute
>         domains = example.org
>         transport = remote_smtp_smarthost
>         route_list = *
> ${lookup{$local_part}lsearch*@{/etc/exim4/testsmarthosts}} byname
>         host_find_failed = defer
>         same_domain_copy_routing = yes
>         no_more

> That said I think the same_domain_copy_routing option needs
> investigating and could be the cause of the problem, however input from
> the list would be greatly appreciated.

Yes, same_domain_copy_routing does what it says. If you've several
recipients with the same destination domain, a cached routing entry is
used. The cache is filled with the result of the first routing decision
for that domain for that message.

At least that's what I understand from the spec file and the description
of the same_domain_copy_routing option.

    Best regards from Dresden/Germany
    Viele Grüße aus Dresden
    Heiko Schlittermann
 gnupg encrypted messages are welcome --------------- key ID: 7CBF764A -
 gnupg fingerprint: 9288 F17D BBF9 9625 5ABC  285C 26A9 687E 7CBF 764A -
(gnupg fingerprint: 3061 CFBF 2D88 F034 E8D2  7E92 EE4E AC98 48D0 359B)-