Re: [pcre-dev] New API

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
著者: Tom Bishop, Wenlin Institute
To: pcre-dev
題目: Re: [pcre-dev] New API

On Jan 18, 2014, at 9:40 AM, ph10@??? wrote:

> ... There isn't really a good word for this concept; I've mostly
> been using "data unit" in the documentation to mean "byte in the 8-bit
> library, short (halfword) in the 16-bit library, or int (word) in the
> 32-bit library".

I believe "code unit" is the standard term, as far as Unicode is concerned.

"The Unicode Standard uses 8-bit code units in the UTF-8 encoding form, 16-bit code units in the UTF-16 encoding form, and 32-bit code units in the UTF-32 encoding form."

http://www.unicode.org/glossary/#code_unit

Best wishes,

Tom

文林 Wenlin Institute, Inc.        Software for Learning Chinese
E-mail: wenlin@???     Web: http://www.wenlin.com
Telephone: 1-877-4-WENLIN (1-877-493-6546)
☯