Re: [exim] separating IP of mailing list

Author: Chris Knadle
To: exim-users
On Saturday, January 18, 2014 21:37:23 Jasen Betts wrote:
> On 2014-01-18, Chris Knadle <Chris.Knadle@???> wrote:
> >>
> >> Interface option on the smtp transport. It's an expanded string, so for
> >> your case make it conditional on "is-mailinglist". Presence of a
> >> suitable header line is probably a good marker.
> >>
> >> http://exim.org/exim-html-current/doc/html/spec_html/ch-the_smtp_transpor
> >> t.h tml#SECID146
> >
> > Yep, the interface option in the transport did it. Thank you very much.
> > (And I'm a bit in awe at how quickly and concisely you answered this.)
> >
> > Furthermore I think you're implying with a conditional that I could end up
> > merging the two separate daemons/configurations back into one and yet
> > accomplish the same thing. :-O Nice.
>
> You could, but to get that setting to work reliably you need to also set
> SMTP_RCPT_MAX=1, this will hurt efficiency.

Yeah I'd definitely want to avoid that. Which reminds me, at some point I had
a request to implement user SpamAssassin settings, and I didn't because a
typical setup likewise requires forcing single-RCPT messages.
Explained in A.10.3:

http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Spam-Filtering-for-MX/exim-sa.html

> A better approach is to set it statically but duplicate the transport,
> have one for each interface and then, in the router, use a conditon
> or use an expansion for the transport name.

Yes I like this, thanks for pointing it out. :-)

-- Chris

--
Chris Knadle
Chris.Knadle@???