著者: Chris Knadle
To: exim-users
題目: Re: [exim] mail routing.
On Saturday, January 18, 2014 11:55:35 Manu Sabu wrote:
> Hi
>
> I've an email account and it is pointing to server1 but I've same account
> on another server2.
> But mx record is pointing to server1. Here how can forward the emails that
> received on server1 to server2.
>
> for example,
>
> user@??? is present in both server I want to forward emails of that
> user only from server1 to server2, Is it is possible?.

Jeremy's answer is probably better because I think it's more direct and cuts
out a re-queuing step, but I wanted to mention two other options.

Servers 1 and 2 should have different FQDNs, so you should be able to route
mail depending on server2's FQDN. If the email address is an alias, in
/etc/aliases you could then change the entry for that address and have it sent
to server2 that way. i.e. "so-in-so: user@???"

Another common method of doing this is via a .forward file in the user's home
directory; this depends on what you're using as a delivery agent, but it's
common for most of them to read the contents of .forward (including Exim
itself) to then forward emails to the address contained within that file.

-- Chris

--
Chris Knadle
Chris.Knadle@???