[exim] separating IP of mailing list

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Chris Knadle
Para: exim-users
Assunto: [exim] separating IP of mailing list
Greetings.

I would like to separate the sending IP address for mailing list messages from
the sending IP address of private mail messages, from/on the same server.
The reason is so that if the mailing list IP gets mis-marked in an RBL list
that this doesn't affect private mail. This is something that occasionally
happens to a friend of mine who has this split-IP setup running under Postfix
(and he's glad he did), and I'm trying to do something similar with Exim and
having some trouble.

On the system (Debian GNU/Linux) I'm trying to do this I have only one network
interface, which has two IP addresses -- one is an alias; eth0 and eth0:0.

Currently to attempt doing this I have two copies of the Exim daemon running,
with two separate configurations and separate logging. The first Exim daemon
deals with private mail and listens on 127.0.0.1 and the IP on eth0, the
second Exim daemon only listens on the IP on eth0:0. When the second Exim
daemon receives a list message it's received on the eth0:0 IP, but the
outbound IP that the list messages are forwarded on from the eth0 IP, and I
haven't been able to figure out how to change that.

Is there a way of setting what IP address should be used to send out mail?

-- Chris

--
Chris Knadle
Chris.Knadle@???