Re: [pcre-dev] JIT and other builds almost work

Inizio della pagina
Autore: Dagobert Michelsen
To: Zoltán Herczeg
CC: pcre exim
Oggetto: Re: [pcre-dev] JIT and other builds almost work
Hi Zoltan,

Am 13.01.2014 um 11:06 schrieb Zoltán Herczeg <hzmester@???>:
>> The build is almost perfect, just the one on Solaris sparcv9 with 64 bit
>> and JIT enabled dumps core:
>> https://buildfarm.opencsw.org/buildbot_admin/builders/pcre-jit-solaris10-sparcv9/builds/0
>
> I am a bit surpised, since according to the build log the compiler is not GCC. However the Solaris compiler seems to mimic most of the GCC features.
>
> Unfortunately, SPARC-64 is not yet supported by the JIT compiler. I never had time to do it, and there was no strong requests on this lists to do it (few people said it would be a nice feature, but even they didn't have a sparc system). I would suggest to remove (disable) the sparc64-JIT bot until the CPU is supported.
>
> Thank you very much for setting up these bots. This is a great help for us and the project.

If you don’t mind I will just leave all 8 builds activated, personally I would
consider sparc64-jit the most relevant build besides amd64-jit for Solaris so
make it a +1 from me to encourage you to add the remaining part :-)

Best regards

— Dago