Re: [exim] How to block the mails which contain .exe inside …

Author: Duane Hill
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] How to block the mails which contain .exe inside a zip file

> Hello Guys,

> I am new to exim. I want to block all the mails containing
> .exe(attachment) So for that i used that in my exim file

> acl_check_mime:

>    # File extension filtering.
>    deny message = Blacklisted file extension detected
>         condition = ${if match \
>                          {${lc:$mime_filename}} \

> {\N(\.exe|\.pif|\.bat|\.scr|\.lnk|\.com)$\N} \
>                       {1}{0}}

> But now my problem is that many of user is sending .exe inside the .zip
> file, Please Guide me how can i block that mails. Any help is appriciated.

If 1) you scan and reject with ClamAV, and 2) strictly use ClamAV on
the email server for scanning email messages, you can set up a
ClamAV signature to detect executables from within archives. ClamAV
also has a config option to block password/encrypted archives.

--
Best regards,
 Duane                            mailto:duihi77@gmail.com