Re: [pcre-dev] JIT and other builds almost work

Author: Zoltán Herczeg
To: Dagobert Michelsen
CC: pcre exim
Subject: Re: [pcre-dev] JIT and other builds almost work
Hi,

>One more issue is that I did not clean up the build directory between
>builds, it was essentially an svn update followed by configure, make,
>make check. Now that I do a full clean inbetween everything passes.
>Maybe a dependency is missing in the Makefile, but I can happily live
>with rebuilding every time.

this is what I suspected. It was clear that only a few files were rebuilt, and it tried to link the executables with the wrong libraries. On the long run it might be worth to investigate this issue.

>The build is almost perfect, just the one on Solaris sparcv9 with 64 bit
>and JIT enabled dumps core:
> https://buildfarm.opencsw.org/buildbot_admin/builders/pcre-jit-solaris10-sparcv9/builds/0

I am a bit surpised, since according to the build log the compiler is not GCC. However the Solaris compiler seems to mimic most of the GCC features.

Unfortunately, SPARC-64 is not yet supported by the JIT compiler. I never had time to do it, and there was no strong requests on this lists to do it (few people said it would be a nice feature, but even they didn't have a sparc system). I would suggest to remove (disable) the sparc64-JIT bot until the CPU is supported.

Thank you very much for setting up these bots. This is a great help for us and the project.

Regards,
Zoltan