Re: [exim] Example on how to make working self signed cert w…

Author: Marc MERLIN
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Example on how to make working self signed cert with GnuTLS and exim 4.80?
On Thu, Dec 26, 2013 at 11:15:06PM +0100, Heiko Schlittermann wrote:
> Hi Marc,
>
> Marc MERLIN <marc_news@???> (Do 26 Dez 2013 23:03:07 CET):
> > I was doing fine with openssl, but since I've switched to GnuTLS with
> > exim4, I just never got it to work for server certs.
> >
> > In my previously working exim4.conf (for TLS with openssl), I have:
> > CERTNAME=/etc/exim4/exim.crt
> > KEYNAME=/etc/exim4/exim.key
>
> I suppose these lines are macros. But where are these macros used?

This is embarassing :(
They were, but got commented out when my key started failing due to MD5
compat, and since I had the split file setup, I didn't realize that
until your Email.

Indeed, after fixing this, it worked much better :)

> > I've tried multiple howtos for making new self signed TLS certs, but none have
> > generated a working file for exim.
>
> I do not see any reason to generate new certs (except for the reason
> above.)

Yes, it was because of MD5 indeed.

Once I re-enabled the commented lines in the config, everything worked
again (perms were good, I did check for that).

Sometimes it's the little things :)

Thanks for your help,
Marc
Microsoft is to operating systems ....