Re: [pcre-dev] \K in lookahead assertion gives unpredictable…

Author: Zoltán Herczeg
To: ND, ph10
CC: Pcre-dev
Subject: Re: [pcre-dev] \K in lookahead assertion gives unpredictable result
Hi,

>In Linux, it just prints the rest of the string, starting at the "start"
>position - I think this is probably accidental. When the length of the
>matched string is negative, it prints to the end of the string.
>Presumably in your case there isn't a trailing zero...

I didn't know it is accidental. I thought printing an empty string is less useful for a testing tool. Perhaps printing the offsets themselves would be the best.

I tried the pcretest on a win7 box compiled by Visual C compiler (version 15.00.30729.01 for x64) and MinGW 4.4.7 and both prints a 'b'.

Regards,
Zoltan