Re: [exim] Sieve filter regex extension

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Phil Pennock
Para: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [exim] Sieve filter regex extension
On 2013-12-23 at 16:38 +0100, Heiko Schlittermann wrote:
> Rogge, Ulrike (IPD) <ulrike.rogge@???> (Mo 23 Dez 2013 15:26:57 CET):
> > we have a Courier-mailserver with Exim and the webmailer Horde. We
> > want to use Horde Ingo to enable the users to use filters. Since
> > Courier is not able to filter Sieve scripts, we want Exim for doing
> > that. When activating the vacation-filter it writes the following
> > script

For future reference: as of Exim 4.82, you can ask the Exim binary which
Sieve extensions it supports.

% exim -bI:sieve
comparator-i;ascii-numeric
copy
encoded-character
enotify
envelope
fileinto
subaddress
vacation

> Depending on your environment, the migration to a IMAP/POP3 server that
> supports sieve mailfiltering (e.g. Dovecot) shouldn't be too demanding.
>
> Additionally Dovecot supports the manage-sieve protocol. (Exim doesn't.)

Notably, Exim doesn't speak IMAP or POP3 either, but it can work well
with tools which do. For ManageSieve with Exim, pysieved is normal, I
believe.

The `exim -bI:sieve` feature was added so that such tools can
interrogate Exim to find out the capabilities of the run-time, which
they can then pass through to the ManageSieve capability announcement.

-Phil