Re: [exim] mail routing depending on from- or even reply-to …

Author: Todd Lyons
To: Thomas Stein
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] mail routing depending on from- or even reply-to header possible?
You can drill down your requirements even further. You can require
that it comes from a specific IP address before you'll consider the
header. You can require smtp auth AND from a specific IP address
before you'll consider the header. You can require smtp auth AND from
a specific IP address and REJECT any emails that come without the
header.

You need to effectively communicate to the customer that if they
manage to send out spam that harms your outbound IP reputation that
they will be charged a fee per message. Get a deposit up front. Sign
a contract that says they forfeit the deposit if they send out spam.

You're only limited by how uncomfortable you are willing to make them
due to the pressure they are putting on you to change your
infrastructure.

...Todd