Re: [exim] Help me to prevent spamming

Author: Heiko Schlittermann
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Help me to prevent spamming
Hi,

Er.shashank.singh <docs4shashank@???> (Mi 11 Dez 2013 19:18:53 CET):
> Hi All,
>
> I am really frustrated because of spamming from my server. Can any one
> please help me to hardening of exim to prevent spamming. I want to stop
> stealing password and rate limit for outgoing mails and filter spam words.

It sound that there is more then just a broken exim configuration. But
we could start investigating your configuration, to be sure, that exim
is not the primary reason for spamming.

(How do you know that Exim is spamming? I've seen lots of sites
spamming, but not via Exim.)

    exim -bV | tail -n 1

will tell you where your configuration file is. Just post a copy of this
file, but be sure not to include any passwords or other sensible
information. On the other hand, do not obfuscate it too much.

    Best regards from Dresden/Germany
    Viele Grüße aus Dresden
    Heiko Schlittermann
 gnupg encrypted messages are welcome --------------- key ID: 7CBF764A -
 gnupg fingerprint: 9288 F17D BBF9 9625 5ABC  285C 26A9 687E 7CBF 764A -
(gnupg fingerprint: 3061 CFBF 2D88 F034 E8D2  7E92 EE4E AC98 48D0 359B)-