Re: [exim] route mail based on source

Góra strony
Autor: Jasen Betts
Dla: exim-users
Temat: Re: [exim] route mail based on source
On 2013-12-08, Tony Primerano <tony.primerano@???> wrote:
> Is it possible for Exim to distinguish between mail from the internet and
> that from a mail client/MUA?
>
> I want mail from the internet to be delivered locally and if it is from an
> authenticated user then honor my MX record and send it to the internet.

that's a fairly common requirement.

>    - I'm switching to gmail and I have my MX record pointing to google's
>    mailservers.
>    - google is configured to send everything to my Exim instance.
>    - Exim is configured to save the messages locally

> So now when someone sends mail to my users, it goes to google then to my
> Exim instance. My users can view it in both places.
>
> The problem is if my users send mail to the Exim server directly it is not
> delivered to google.

> Is there a way to make this happen?

Yes. put the router that's responsible for delivery to google before
the ones that deliver locally.
AND
put a condition on the google router so that it only runs for mail
directly received from your users. (not mail from from them via google)

--
For a good time: install ntp