Re: [exim] Assistance with authenticator syntax, please.

Author: nick
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Assistance with authenticator syntax, please.
On 01/11/13 13:56, Jeremy Harris wrote:
> On 31/10/13 15:51, nick wrote:
>>                 condition name expected, but found "${lookup ldap{ld"
>> inside "and{...}" condition

> ${lookup... is an expansion. Not a condition, and it matters.
> Get thee to the documentation!

For posterity, here is my working solution:

begin authenticators
plain:
    driver= plaintext
    public_name = PLAIN
    server_condition = ${if and {            \
                                                   { eq{$2}{${lookup
ldap{ldap:///o=southover,c=uk?cn?sub?(&(cn=$2)(smtpAuth=TRUE))}{$value}fail}}
}          \
                                                   {   ldapauth
{user="cn=${quote_ldap_dn:$2},o=southover,c=uk" pass=${quote:$3}
ldap://ldap.southover.net} } \
                                                 }{1}{0} \
                                     }
    server_set_id=$2

This will only allow smtp auth from users who have the ldap attribute
smtpAuth set to TRUE and who can also successfully ldapauth.

A big Thank You to those exim-users who took the time to humor me.

goodbye,
N.