Re: [exim] Exim 4.82 LDAPS problems

Author: Todd Lyons
To: Heiko Schlichting
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Exim 4.82 LDAPS problems
On Wed, Oct 30, 2013 at 6:00 AM, Heiko Schlichting
<exim-users@???> wrote:

> - The problem occurs if LDAP configuration file (e.g. ~/.ldaprc) contains
>   one of these:
>     TLS_REQCERT allow
>     TLS_REQCERT demand
>     TLS_REQCERT hard
>     TLS_REQCERT try

> - exim does not hang if ~/.ldaprc contains
>     TLS_REQCERT never
>   or there is no configuration at all¹.

What do you normally have in .ldaprc? Is this the exim user? Some other user?

> - I can confirm that exim does not hang if I revert this commit.

Ok, that's a starting point. We just have to figure out what about
your system is not handled by that patch and fix the patch. It's
really interesting that it does the right thing for your ldap server
on port 8636 but has the problem with the one on port 636. Both are
using ldaps:// for the URI so I suspect a missed step or incorrectly
ordered step in the logic.

I am in #exim on Freenode each weekday from about 12:00-21:00 UTC each
day as user cannonball. Come find me and we can work through this.

...Todd