Re: [exim] Forwarding to destination / SRS / SPF

Author: Phil Pennock
To: Rob Gunther
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Forwarding to destination / SRS / SPF
On 2013-10-24 at 20:30 +0900, Rob Gunther wrote:
> I tried reading in the router, storing it in address_data but that caused a
> conflict. Is there another
> variable I can use to store the data from my deliverydat file in the router?

Just read it in place in the router.

What I recommend is putting in a reconf_outbound: router before the
normal router which sends to the customer-supplied server. In this new
router, have a condition based upon $message_age being greater than some
threshold. If this check fails, the new router will decline and
processing will fall through to the normal router. That way, normal
messages to well-configured hosts are optimised and using address_data,
but if the mail is old enough then you re-read the deliverydat data on
each delivery attempt.

# message must be at least an hour old.
condition = ${if >{$message_age}{3600}}
route_data = ${ complicated expansion }

You can also look at using a macro to abstract out the expansion, to
reduce the risk of errors creeping in if it's spelt out twice.

-Phil