Re: [exim-dev] Exim 4.82 RC4 uploaded

Author: Andreas Metzler
To: exim-dev
Subject: Re: [exim-dev] Exim 4.82 RC4 uploaded
On 2013-10-22 Todd Lyons <tlyons@???> wrote:
> I have uploaded Exim 4.82 RC4 to

[...]
> RC4 contains really only two fixes. The first is fixing a GnuTLS compile
> error on systems that have it built without PKCS11 support. The second
> is modifications to the runtest script in the test suite to allow it to
> be run with zero keyboard interaction.

> Pending any unforseeable issues, this version is intended to be the last
> version before the official release of 4.82.

[...]

Hello,

I think something went wrong when building the release, neither of the
abovementioned two fixes seems to be part of rc4:

ametzler@argenau:/tmp/EXIM4/foo$ diff -NurBbp exim-4.82_RC[34] | diffstat
 doc/filter.txt |    2 +-
 doc/spec.txt   |    5 +++--
 src/receive.c  |    2 +-
 src/version.sh |    2 +-

The only actual code change compared to rc3 is
54e3e5b64c9fa8b6f3628e200d63b028b97f4526 "Format String safety".

The git tag seems to match the released tarball.

cu Andreas

so grateful to you.'