Re: [exim] Mixed authentication

Author: AC
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Mixed authentication
On 10/13/2013 02:54, Jasen Betts wrote:
> On 2013-10-13, AC <agcme2002@???> wrote:
>> I'm trying to figure out how to set up exim to use authentication on
>> outgoing messages for one port and use unauthenticated otherwise. The
>> current configuration accepts connections on port 25 and allows relays
>> from internal networks to the outside so that internal clients can send
>> outbound. The internal machines that also happen to run exim use the
>> server as a smarthost (a few other machines with only mail clients use
>> the relay function). I want to leave that portion working as is but
>> open up an additional port for SSL/TLS authenticated sending so that
>> clients outside of the internal network can send email through this server.
>
> are you doing MX or just relaying?
>
> If just relaying open the port and require auth in the MAIL acl where
> the external port was used.

At the moment I just use relaying so I guess I'd continue with that
except with authenticating a client outside the network through the
alternate port. But all the pages I've seen so far only show how to
turn on authentication in general and not how to have two ports
(internally 25 and externally something else) with one port
unauthenticated and the other authenticated.