Re: [exim] string expansion fail with missing } at end of st…

Góra strony
Autor: Phil Pennock
Dla: Peter Gervai
CC: exim-users
Temat: Re: [exim] string expansion fail with missing } at end of string
On 2013-10-08 at 15:16 +0200, Peter Gervai wrote:
> Yes thank you, I'm good. It was originally about the nice fragments on the wiki:
>
> https://github.com/Exim/exim/wiki/Verification

I strongly encourage people who find problems in the wiki to edit them.
I believe that the only requirement is a GitHub account; we rely on
GitHub's abuse-detection, rather than locking things down more tightly.

On the off-chance that someone here protests needing Yet Another Account
somewhere: these days, having a GitHub account is becoming almost
obligatory for anyone who touches code, whether as a programmer or
sysadmin; a lot of places are looking first at a job applicant's GitHub
profile to see what they've done: building up a decent portfolio does
not go amiss. Better a GitHub account than one specific to Exim's wiki.

> where the ADSL examples actually won't work under the new regime since
> they're using the condition with match_ip and a lookup. The rewrite is
> tougher since the acl already contains a '!hosts' predicament so I
> only attached a comment at the end and let the end user find a
> solution. Evil. :-)

Comments are better than nothing. :)

> (A hack would be to expand the string first into a variable I guess,
> or to combine teh existing hosts check with the new one, but it
> doesn't look to be simple.)

ACL variables are useful things.

-Phil