Re: [exim-dev] pgsql lookup TLS access broken in 4.82 RC2 ?

Author: Viktor Dukhovni
To: exim-dev
Subject: Re: [exim-dev] pgsql lookup TLS access broken in 4.82 RC2 ?
On Tue, Oct 08, 2013 at 07:47:11PM +0200, Axel Rau wrote:

> > Whose "~"? Why should that work? Is there a system-wide postgresql
> > configuration?
>
> It's the home of the client. In this case the exim user.

Phil, is it reasonable to expect that in running Exim processes,
libraries searching for configuration files in user home directories
should expect to find either $HOME=~exim or getpwuid(getuid())->pw_dir=~exim?

MTAs are complex, and tend to run with different identities at
different times (e.g. when delivering mail to commands in .forward
files, ...) and I don't know whether it is reasonable to expect a constant
$HOME in a running Exim process. Since my expertise is with Postfix and
OpenSSL, not Exim, I'll leave that question to others.

--
    Viktor.