Re: [exim] Saving and/or processing attachments (exim: to ex…

Author: Aurelin
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Saving and/or processing attachments (exim: to exclusive)

Quoting John Mc Murray <john@???>:

> Wouldn't it just be easier to do this all in PHP? Have PHP log in
> and fetch messages and read attachments, etc?
> No need to fiddle with exim.. I think I have some basic test code
> lying around somewhere if you need.

Hi John,

First off, I don't want to set up actual mailboxes for that. Also, the
post to website part must happen upon receipt of the e-mail, not
cronjob based or anything, so I think I'd still need exim to somehow
let the script now when to fire (the login one). But it is not
necessary to actually keep the e-mail after it was processed, so I am
thinking it is easier to simply pipe it to a script, then let the
script do all the work.

On the plus side, I noticed that CPanel allows me to set up forwarders
(to scripts) so I don't need to change the exim config manually (which
is especially good since my coworkers are pretty much web developers
only).

Thanks for the idea though!

Aurelin