[exim] Saving and/or processing attachments

Author: Aurelin
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] Saving and/or processing attachments

Hi all,

My customer wants to be able to send an e-mail with an attached image
(up to ~2 MB) to have this posted to their website.
Now what I set up is a router that forwards the e-mail to a pipe and
then gets processed by a scrip. In order to transmit the e-mail to the
script, I use the $message_body and $message_body variables, but
here's my problem: If the attachment is bigger than ~50 KB, those
variables will not hold the entire e-mail text and the attachment is
broken (due to the attachment being sent as a base64 encoded string).
Now my questions are:
1. Can I somehow get exim to save the attachment before the e-mail is
piped to the script?
2. Is there a variable that holds the entire e-mail content, without
character limitation?
3. Would it somehow be possible to change the attachment format from a
base64 encoded string to something that uses less characters?

I have tried to change the limit for $message_body, but if I increase
it above 99999, the e-mail will be bounced. Also, I have a feeling
that this is not the way to go..

I hope my question is understandable.
Thanks in advance for any ideas,

Aurelin