Re: [exim-dev] 4.82 RC1 GnuTLS testing error

Author: Todd Lyons
To: Dr Andrew C Aitchison
CC: Phil Pennock, Jeremy Harris, exim-dev
Subject: Re: [exim-dev] 4.82 RC1 GnuTLS testing error
On Tue, Oct 1, 2013 at 12:38 AM, Dr Andrew C Aitchison
<A.C.Aitchison@???> wrote:
> I for one *do* set tls_require_ciphers (though I currently use OpenSSL
> not GnuTLS) - I dropped RC4 a couple of weeks ago after using
> it for a couple of months to protect against the BEAST.

I can see protecting against BEAST on the web where a session cookie
is passed on every transaction. What utility does protecting against
BEAST provide in an SMTP or SMTP Auth session? Help me think out of
the box because I'm not seeing the usefulness.

...Todd