Re: [exim] Forwarding question

Author: Cyborg
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Forwarding question
Am 27.09.2013 04:04, schrieb John Carlson:
> both john and sales are accounts, and I have a forward setup to also
> send emails sent to john to sales..
>
> I should specify that I am using cPanel

What you seek is a rewrite of the receiving emailaddress. Forget that
with the standard forwarder. With the standard forwarder you get a copy
of the email and emailheaders like To: and From: are untouched.

You need your own router for that, to rewrite the header.

There should be an example in the docs

A much simpler approach would be to keep it that way and filter in
thunderbird for the ENVELOPE-TO: Information. IF it comes via sales
account AND has john as envelope-To than do what you wanted to do with
that mail. Takes less than a minute to configure ;)

Marius