Re: [exim] greylisting and retry interval

Top Pagina
Auteur: 'ci@holmco.de'
Aan: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [exim] greylisting and retry interval
On Thu, Sep 26, 2013 at 11:13:42AM +0000 you wrote:

> This (mailscanner) also explains why you have two separate daemons,
> one listening and one running the queue.

It seeems to me that I have to have two queues. One for incoming
mails, one for retrys of outgoing mails.

> We no longer run mailscanner so I'm using my memory here but
> mailscanner copies the files from one queue to another after it has
> checked them so you need two instances of exim with different spool
> directories.

Yes.

> What does exim4 -DOUTGOING -bP spool_directory say?

spool_directory = /var/spool/exim4

That's the right queue.

> I think this should give you the other directory and hence exim4
> -DOUTGOING -v -M 1VOnUR-0002Lg-BV should find that message and try
> to deliver it.

Works.

> When we used to run mailscanner here I set it up using two separate
> config files passing the correct one with -C.    Yours seems to use
> a sinlge config file with options - these will be defined via -D as
> shown on the sendmail2 command line Sendmail2 = /usr/sbin/sendmail
> -DOUTGOING .

> I think the answer to your problem is that the startup for the exim
> instance that creates queue runners needs -DOUTGOING added to it so
> that it looks at the correct spool directory.
> /path/to/exim4 -q5m -DOUTGOING

I need to keep the queue runner on the input queue too. Should I just
add queue options to the listener instance to have 2 different queues
running?

Greetings,
--
R. Cirksena