Re: [exim] greylisting and retry interval

Author: ci
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] greylisting and retry interval
On Thu, Sep 26, 2013 at 11:59:22AM +0200 you wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 26, 2013 at 11:44 AM, <ci@???> wrote:
>

> > | exim4 -v -M 1VOnUR-0002Lg-BV
> > | delivering 1VOnUR-0002Lg-BV
> > | LOG: MAIN
> > | Spool file 1VOnUR-0002Lg-BV-D not found
> >
> > I have found the spool file(s) in /var/spool/exim/input:
> > -rw-r----- 1 Debian-exim Debian-exim 67 Sep 25 13:42 1VOnUR-0002Lg-BV-D
> > -rw-r----- 1 Debian-exim Debian-exim 1170 Sep 25 13:43 1VOnUR-0002Lg-BV-H
> >
> > But exim knows nothing about it?
> >

> So what does exim4 -bP spool_directory say? Cos it looks like your running
> version of exim has a different spool path to your exim4 binary you ran
> above.

spool_directory = /var/spool/exim4_incoming

In the comfiguration file I found (not my work):

.ifdef OUTGOING
SPOOLDIR=/var/spool/exim4
.else
SPOOLDIR=/var/spool/exim4_incoming

It handles 2 different spool directories. I did not find out where
"OUTGOING" is defined. Mailscanner is involved...

In MailScanner.conf:
# Sendmail2 is provided for Exim users.
# It is the command used to attempt delivery of outgoing cleaned/disinfected
# messages.
# This is not usually required for sendmail.
# This can also be the filename of a ruleset.
#For Exim users: Sendmail2 = /usr/sbin/exim4 -DOUTGOING
#For sendmail users: Sendmail2 = /usr/sbin/sendmail
Sendmail2 = /usr/sbin/sendmail -DOUTGOING

How do I get the problem untangled?

Greetings,
--
R. Cirksena