[exim] Correct permissions when delivering in maildir_format

Autor: Mark Wilson
A: exim-users
Assumpte: [exim] Correct permissions when delivering in maildir_format
Hi,

I want to deliver mail that comes in addressed to user jill into a Maildir
folder in freds Maildir structure but have not set the permissions correctly. I
wonder what the most appropriate permissions should be (to keep freds
privacy):-

The setup is address_directory transport, with maildir_format set true and an
entry in /etc/aliases of:

#/etc/aliases
jill: /home/fred/Maildir/.afolder/

My question is, I am getting Permission Denied, the directory permissions
are:

drwx------  22 fred    users        1024 Apr  5 10:06 /home/fred/Maildir/

Should the group be changed from users to vmail (which I can create) and then
do chmod g+w to /home/fred/Maildir ?

For the settings given below, am I correct in thinking that jill's mail is
written to freds directory under the vmail users permissions ?

Should I change the group in system_aliases heading (see below) to be a vmail
group (at the same time as the above changes) ?

address_directory:

driver = appendfile
delivery_date_add
envelope_to_add