[exim] Move entire incoming queue to another server

Author: blists
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] Move entire incoming queue to another server
I had a drive failure and as a result all incoming mail ended up in the
exim queue, about 7000 messages.

We brught up the accounts on a spare server and pointed the IPs to the
new server, and mail is again coming in, but clients want their email.

First Question: How can I tell exim to keep the email in the queue and
not send it back at expiry time?

Second question: How can I get exim on the broken server to send those
emails to another server? The deliveries were set to local when the
mails came iin but now I don't know how to get them out to the new
machine.

Third question: can I just tar up entire queue and move it the new
machine and dump the files into the queue's directories there? And if
so, do I have to massage any files so exim will know about them?

Thanks.

Jeff
NoBaloney Internet Services