Re: [exim] local and remote smtp server

Author: Christoph (Stucki) von Stuckrad
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] local and remote smtp server
On Sun, 15 Sep 2013, technique@??? wrote:

> I send emails by SMTP.
> I now want to use a second server to send emails.
>
> So some emails are sent from the 1st server, some from the 2nd
> server, but all is done from the 1st server.

So there is only one physical machine and System, but
multiple (virtual?) MTAs on multiple IP's ?

> I've a problem when I send emails via server 2 : helo data are
> correct, but I have one left problem, on 1st received line.

Are those received-lines produced by the servers
you SENT to? So they all GET their mail from
the default IP of the physical machine (which
is the normal way for all outbound traffic).

Then you must force your 'virtually different'
MTAs to connect FROM the different local IPs
to wherever they shall send to.

This seems ONLY possible by setting Parameters
with '-oX ...' on the command-line and then using
$sending_ip_address to grab, from where the
daemon actually sends 'just now' ...

As far as I understand this, it is not possible
to select the outgoing IP from 'only one instance'
of an exim-daemon (which is, why I did not use
the concept at the end, but use only one IP now).

Stucki

--
Christoph von Stuckrad      * * |nickname |Mail <stucki@???> \
Freie Universitaet Berlin   |/_*|'stucki' |Tel(Mo.,Mi.):+49 30 838-75 459|