Re: [exim] TLS fatal alert for connections from web.de

Author: Nikolaus Rath
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] TLS fatal alert for connections from web.de
Todd Lyons <tlyons@???> writes:
>> Hello,
>>
>> Since a few weeks, my mail server can apparently no longer talk to the
>> servers of web.de's freemail service.
>>
>> Unfortunately, even with -d+tls, I don't seem to be able to get anything
>> useful about what's going wrong:

[...]
> If you have the capability, downgrade gnutls. Or if you have the
> ability, install openssl, rebuild exim, and link against openssl
> instead. Neither option is easy. But it's likely that it's the
> specific version of gnutls not interoperating with the remote side.

Well, I already worked around the problem by disabling TLS for the
problematic hosts. My question is really about finding out why exactly
it's not interoperating (so that I can file a bug against gnutls or
complain to the other postmaster).

Best,

-Nikolaus

PGP fingerprint: 5B93 61F8 4EA2 E279 ABF6 02CF A9AD B7F8 AE4E 425C