Re: [exim] RES: RES: Retry hints for multiple outbound IP ad…

Author: James Pettyjohn
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] RES: RES: Retry hints for multiple outbound IP addresses
I looked through the code there and it looks like this is not far off,
smtp.c line 2860:

     if (!smtp_get_interface(ob->interface, host_af, addrlist,
&ifchanges,
          &interface, tid))
       return FALSE;
     if (ifchanges) pistring = string_sprintf("%s/%s", pistring,
interface);

So it picks the right interface from a list of interfaces and
differentiates the
retries for one transport. In my case every transport has a different
IP and
each user is assigned to a transport.

Looks like it needs to be changed to something like:

if (ifchanges || RETRY_INCLUDE_INTERFACE &&interface != NULL) pistring
= string_sprintf("%s/%s", pistring, interface);

Signatures don't look like they need to change.