Re: [pcre-dev] Proposal for a new API for PCRE

Author: Ze'ev Atlas
To: pcre-dev@exim.org
Subject: Re: [pcre-dev] Proposal for a new API for PCRE
Seeing it in the context (pun not intended)  of old style programming languages, to which my port (PCRE for native z/OS) is catering, I'd lament the extra work and complexity, although, I'd probably be able to do the port for that API as well.
I understand that I am a part of a backwards camp of people who are not that excited about OO approach.  I would like however to borrow from the OO terminology, is there a way to encapsulate all the extra preparations so the poor programmer would not need to do all this extra [confusing] coding?  Many of them do not fully understand all the complexities anyway and use the basic regex functionality.

Ze'ev Atlas