Re: [pcre-dev] Proposal for a new API for PCRE

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
著者: Tom Bishop, Wenlin Institute
To: pcre-dev
題目: Re: [pcre-dev] Proposal for a new API for PCRE
> 5.7 Reading parameter fields in a context
> ...Question 2:
> In fact, do we really need these ‘get’ functions at all? An application can easily remem-
> ber what it has set in a context if it needs to.

Providing "get" functions may be helpful, in case the application is using multiple contexts, or setting/getting parameters in different modules. It seems cleaner than each application using its own unique storage method to duplicate the parameters. Even if an application does store the parameters separately, "get" functions may be useful for reality checks when debugging.

Tom