Re: [exim] RES: IP Rotation

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Ian Eiloart
To: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [exim] RES: IP Rotation

On 20 Aug 2013, at 09:02, Andre Franco <abobre@???> wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 20, 2013 at 1:19 PM, Shahid Ashraf
> <shahidashraf78@???>wrote:
>
>> Hi Every One,
>>
>> I'm using Exim 4 with my Centos 6.4, I have 10 static IP addresses on
>> my Linux box , I need to IP rotation in exim after 10 emails.
>>

>> Regards,
>>
>> Shahid
>> --

Hi Shahid,

If you're talking about receiving email, then you can't do precisely that. But, if you list all ten addresses in your MX records, with equal priority, then the emails will come in on different IP addresses. I can't think why you'd want to do that though.

I guess that you're talking about changing the sender IP address when sending email, to avoid being blocked for sending excessive email. To do this, you need to read chapters 13 and 30 of the documentation. Actually, the relevant bit in chapter 13 is just this:

"13.9 Delivering to a remote host

Delivery to a remote host is handled by the smtp transport. By default, it allows the system’s TCP/IP functions to choose which interface to use (if there is more than one) when connecting to a remote host. However, the interface option can be set to specify which interface is used. See the description of the smtp transport in chapter 30 for more details."

Chapter 30 tells you that the private transport option "interface" is what you need to change. The value is expanded, you can use any of the expansion options to determine which interface to use. You might be able to use the rate limit options to count the outgoing emails, but it might be easier to just use a random interface, using something like this: "interface = ${extract{${randint:10}}{0=127.0.0.1 1=127.0.0.2…}}" to select among them. I'm not sure that's quite correct, and I haven't tested it. Obviously, you'll need to list all 10 IP addresses there.

--
Ian Eiloart
Postmaster, University of Sussex