Re: [exim] What's the performance benchmark of Exim4?

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Jan Keirse
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [exim] What's the performance benchmark of Exim4?
On Sun, Aug 18, 2013 at 4:54 AM, boyd yang <boyd.yang@???> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I want to configure exim4 for a lot users ,like 10000 users.
>
> I let exim query from mysql server for user/pass.
>
> After changing several configs, it stopped at 1000 concurrent users only.
> cat /etc/exim4/conf.d/main/00_local_settings
> smtp_accept_max=0
> smtp_accept_queue_per_connection=0
> queue_run_max=0
> remote_max_parallel=10000
> smtp_connect_backlog=50

You may want to increase that, but I'm not sure, see below.

> 2013-08-18 10:28:31 failed to expand "${lookup mysql{SELECT fqdn AS domain
> FROM domains WHERE fqdn='${quote_mysql:$domain}' AND type='local' AND
> active=1}}" while checking a list: lookup of "SELECT fqdn AS domain FROM
> domains WHERE fqdn='xxx.xxx' AND type='local' AND active=1" gave DEFER:
> MYSQL connection failed:

My guess is not exim but mysql could be the bottleneck. Check this
parameter for starters:
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.5/en/server-system-variables.html#sysvar_back_log

Kind Regards,

JAN KEIRSE

--

**** DISCLAIMER ****

http://www.tvh.com/newen2/emaildisclaimer/default.html

"This message is delivered to all addressees subject to the conditions
set forth in the attached disclaimer, which is an integral part of this
message."