Re: [exim] Forwarded emails x-header

Author: Todd Lyons
To: Sridhar Kakkillaya
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Forwarded emails x-header
On Mon, Aug 19, 2013 at 2:17 PM, Sridhar Kakkillaya
<sridhar@???> wrote:

> We are facing a situation wherein we are forwarding mails through a mail
> relay server. We have authentication set up for regular senders but for
> forwarded mails there is no authentication. On the relay servers, we want
> to track the senders using a specific x-header. We have figured out how to
> add x-header for authenticated users. However, for the forwarded mails, we
> are unable to find an optimum solution.

My first thought was the DATA ACL, but that won't work since you need
it per recipient, so you then need it in the router that does the
forwarding. In my head, I'm thinking something like:

authenticated != *
hosts != +local_hosts : 127.0.0.1
headers_add = blah

If there is more detail from testing and failures that you can
provide, please do so as the above is just a guess as to what you have
actually tried so far.

...Todd